Looking for an inexpensive marketing idea to keep the attention of your Facebook audience and direct them to your website? Escape the boring uniformity of all those other Facebook pages and engage your fans (or “likers,” as the case may be) with some attractive branding. You can create your own custom tabs on your company Facebook page by adding the “Static FBML” app which you can get here. Once that is done you can start making your own branded tabs.
Here are seven great tab ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1. Landing or Welcome page – Greet your viewers with a branded page telling them why they should fan you up instead of having your wall as the default. Check out what some of the bigger companies like Starbucks and Adidas have done on their welcome pages. Create your own special tab and then change your default landing tab in your wall settings.
2. Product Catalog or Lookbook tab – Show off your best sellers or seasonal items. Check out this example we created for Dav Rainboots. You can even add links straight to your website shopping cart if you want.
3. Weekly Special – Offer discounts to keep people coming back again and again to see what’s new. It doesn’t require a whole lot of effort to change this out once a week. Weekly Specials will keep your audience engaged and give you another reason to update your status. You ARE updating the status on your company profile at least three times a week, aren’t you? Here is an example from our sister company, Pi Studio Printing.
4. Contests – Once you have enough of a FB following you can keep your fans interested by developing a contest and creating a tab on your page with all of the details. One of our clients who makes organic dog treats asked everyone to upload a pic of their dog and state which treats it prefers. We created a page for them to post the winner every month. People love to share pictures of their pets so it was a huge success and kept folks checking back to see if their dog won. What kind of contest could you initiate that would engage your biggest fans?
5. Testimonials – Place photos of your satisfied customers along with a short statement about why they love you so much on a tab. You can even ask for people to post photos of themselves with your product stating why they like it so much and voila! Instant testimonial. All you have to do is create a tab to place all of these posts on so they don’t disappear in the never-ending Facebook stream.
6. Company History – Use this tab to spread the gospel of your brand showing how you became what you are today. This would be similar to your ABOUT US page on your own website and could even link directly to your ABOUT US page.
7. Coupons – This is a great way to get your special deals out to the public and get them coming in to your store or office right away. People love to feel special and get a good deal at the same time so make sure to have FACEBOOK FAN EXCLUSIVES. Create downloadable or printable coupons for this page.
Remember that your Facebook page is like a mini website showing off your brand. It is easy to change and sculpt your message on a daily basis. If you would like to brainstorm about ideas for your company’s page, feel free to call us (805.383.0054) or take one of our fun half day Social Media Strategy Development seminars to learn great tips and tricks. We can also design fantastic graphics and manage the tabs for you if you prefer. Check out our Social Media services today and get started using Facebook to your advantage now!